Green Coffee Extract (50% CGA)
Green Coffee Extract is a powerful antioxidant that aids with weight control.
Quantity Price Breaks
Green Coffee Extract is a specific polyphenol extract of green coffee of the Coffea arabica variety. It contains 50% chlorogenic acids for antioxidant action. Green coffee contains many more chlorogenic acids than roasted coffee because the roasting process largely destroys these delicate substances.
Here is some of what studies have shown about the benefits of Green Coffee Extract:
- It has recently been shown that coffee may cut the risk of type II diabetes and that a decaffeinated extract of green coffee may be effective in controlling weight.
- Several in vitro, animal and clinical studies have demonstrated the efficacy of chlorogenic acids in reducing both liver glucose production and blood sugar levels as well as in preventing the conversion of sugar into fat reserves.
- In a recent clinical study involving 75 healthy adults in Moscow, postprandial glycaemia (following a meal) was reduced by 15-20% in subjects supplemented with 90 mg of chlorogenic acids (the dose provided by one capsule of Green Coffee Extract 200 mg).
- And in an animal study, green coffee extract reduced, in a dose-dependent manner, post-prandial fat absorption and triglyceride levels.
- In an in vitro study, it was shown to inhibit the enzyme lipase which reduces hydrolysis and intestinal absorption of dietary fats.
- It decreases abdominal fat in animals fed to the point of satiety over a six-week period.
- It has a beneficial effect on weight control without stimulating the central nervous system, and without any rebound effect due to a fall in metabolism when supplementation ceases.
*This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Individual results from taking supplements and/or other products mentioned on this site may vary. Before starting a dietary supplement routine, be sure to consult a qualified healthcare professional.